- Corrective Actions
- Drone/UAS Permit
- Driving/Riding in a Personal Vehicle
- Evacuation Drill Form
- Event Approval Process
- Hazardous Waste
- Injury, Incident, Claim Reporting
- Lab Inventory
- Lab Sign Request
- Report a Safety Concern
Recommendations for working from home
Use your best judgement as you create a safe home work environment.
For any questions contact Risk Management and Safety: 801-422-4468.
- Floors are clear and free of hazards?
- Work area is reasonably quiet and free of distractions?
- File drawers are not top-heavy?
- Phone lines and electrical cords are secured under a desk on the along wall, and away from heat sources? Temperature, ventilation and lighting are adequate?
- First aid supplies are readily available?
- Walkways, aisles and doorways are unobstructed?
- Working smoke detector covering the designated work space?
- Charged, accessible fire extinguisher in area?
- More than one exit from work area?
- Work space is kept free of trash, clutter and flammable liquids?
- Are all radiators and portable heaters located away from flammable items?
- Computer equipment is connected to a surge protector?
- Electrical system is adequate for office equipment?
- All electrical plugs, cords, outlets and panels in good condition? No exposed/damaged wiring?
- Extension cords and power strips not daisy chained and no permanent extension cord in use?
- Electrical cords run in non-traffic areas, do not run under rugs, and are not nailed or stapled in place? Equipment turned off when not in use?
- Electrical outlets are grounded with three-pronged plugs?
- Office furniture and equipment ergonomically correct?
- Do your feet reach the floor when seated or fully supported by a footrest?
- Do you have adequate lighting at the workstation?
- For additional ergonomic recommendations, please refer to BYU's ergonomics program.
Other Safety Measures
- Files and data are secure? Utilize BYU approved systems/programs i.e Box.byu.edu
- Materials and equipment are in a secure place that can be protected from damage or misuse?
- Is there an exit that allows prompt exiting?
- Do you have an inventory of all equipment in the office including serial numbers when possible?
- Report any work-related injuries that arise out of the course of your employment to your supervisor immediately. All supervisors must report within 24 hours all work-related injuries through the Risk Management and Safety website.