Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I report a work injury?

    You must tell your supervisor of the injury and then together complete the Supervisor’s Incident Report online through the Risk Management website. This must be completed within 24 hours of the injury.

  2. Where do I go for treatment?

    All employees should go to the BYU SHC Urgent Care for initial treatment. No appointment is necessary. Failure to do so may result in reduced benefits or denial of treatments. If the BYU SHC is closed, all employees should go to the nearest Urgent Care. In the event that all Urgent Care clinics are closed (usually after 10pm and before 7am), employees should go to the ER. In the case of a life-threating emergency, employees should be taken to the nearest ER.

    Please see the Obtaining Care page for more detail.

  3. Where do I get a prescription filled?

    All prescriptions should be filled at the BYU SHC pharmacy. Any exceptions must be authorized by the LDS Church Risk Management Division.

  4. Who is the Insurance Carrier?

    The LDS Church Risk Management Division. Workers' Compensation claims are processed by Sedgiwck.

  5. Who do I contact to get my claim number?

    Contact the Sedwick Claims Adjuster listed on the contact page.

  6. Where can I get more information about workers’ compensation?

    The Utah Labor Commission